Hemp is a powerful natural aide for stress, sleep, and pain. But, how do you get started?
The first challenge is finding an effective dose. There are two reasons this is tricky:
- Optimal dosing is dependent on your unique body chemistry - it's not dependent on weight, gender, or general tolerance of other substances.
- Hemp has biphasic properties - this means that either a strength that is too low or too high will result in suboptimal effects.
Fortunately, dosing doesn't need to be a mystery. We spoke with experienced practitioners and researchers to get to the truth. We boiled it down to 3 steps. Follow these and you'll be sure to find a dose that works:
1) Get a quality Hemp extract product
To start, you'll need a high-quality Hemp extract product. Quality is not guaranteed in a new and growing market like Hemp. There are a few criteria you must look for:
- Validate third party testing - Any reputable company will test for both potency and contamination. These test should be publicly available online for you to view. Verify the product is tested for microbial, heavy metal, pesticides, and residual solvents
- Verify the extraction method - As you know, Hemp is a plant. So, to create a consumable product, Hemp must be extracted. Many manufacturers have turned to chemical-based extraction processes (including butane, ethanol, supercritical CO2, and more) at the expense of consumers. These extraction methods both increase the chance of contamination and decrease the quality of the product. Hemp can and should be extracted naturally, without the addition of any external chemicals.
- Use a whole plant, full spectrum extract - The highest quality products use the whole plant which includes more valuable nutrients and reduces waste. Using a proper extraction technique, the whole plant is converted into a full spectrum extract - this means the extract maintains the many valuable nutrients in the plant.
2) Slowly increase the strength
This is where the magic happens. In order to find your optimal dose, you should follow a process that doctors refer to as "start low, go slow". The idea is to experiment with different strengths over a sequence of days in order to understand how these strengths impact you. A good 7-day sequence is as follows:
- Start on Day 1 with 10mg (this is a standard low strength to begin with)
- Over the course of 7 days, you will increase the strength
- By Day 7, you should take up to 50mg of Hemp extract
By integrating hemp extract into your routine methodically, you'll be able to find the strength that works best for your body. See the below image as a reference:
3) Record your response each day
To understand how the Hemp is impacting your body, you should journal how you're feeling every day. A few hours after taking the Hemp extract, log your response on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the most relief. At the end of the week, you can reflect on what happened, how you felt, and have a much better sense of what strengths are best for your body.
After realizing the potential of Hemp for good, we collaborated with doctors and researchers to understand how more people could have positive outcomes. We landed on the above three step process. We designed our Discovery Pack to be the most affordable and effective way to get started with Hemp and see measurable results.